Colorado Health Report Card
Healthiest Colorado: Our Community, Our Story
To begin to understand a community’s unique story, the Foundation, in partnership with the Colorado Health Institute, has created a series of county-level Data Spotlights to be released throughout the #HealthiestCO Statewide Listening Tour. These Spotlights examine non-traditional drivers of health, such as transportation access and jobs, in communities across the state. [Read More]
The Colorado Health Foundation publishes annual updates on the current status of health, health care and health coverage in Colorado using data provided by various sources. The Colorado Health Report Card, which is produced in conjunction with the Colorado Health Institute, provides data on 38 key health indicators, such as prenatal care, access to health care and obesity, in five life stages. Our goal is for the Health Report Card to support efforts to make Colorado the healthiest state, providing evidence that shows where we are making progress as well as where are we are falling behind.
- The 2015 Colorado Health Report Card — the ninth annual health report card presented by the Colorado Health Foundation — shows improvement in a number of areas. But it also reveals significant disparities in health depending on race, ethnicity and income. View Report Card »
Throughout the year, the Foundation will delve more deeply into key indicators and publish Data Spotlights in efforts to better understand pressing health issues and identify opportunities for improvement.
- " Colorado Health Report Card: Our Community, Our Story," examines health indicators, priorities and challenges in communities across Colorado. The data and the personal experiences in these county spotlights add up to a community’s story. [Read More]
- " Colorado Health Report Card: Colorado Medical Homes," is a comprehensive overview of medical homes in Colorado, and finds that medical homes are playing an important role in transforming health care across the state. The report also delves into early evidence of the medical home model and outlines some potential health policy options. [Read More]
Colorado Medical Homes: Report from the Colorado Health Symposium
Interest is high in Colorado for medical homes. That’s one clear finding from the Colorado Health Symposium session on the new report, “Colorado Medical Homes: Creating Healthy Connections,” part of the 2015 Colorado Health Report Card data spotlight series. [Learn More]
- " Colorado Health Report Card: Hispanic Health in Colorado," reveals significant health disparities among the state’s Hispanic community. Colorado’s Hispanics lag on indicators in each of the life stages measured by the Health Report Card, meaning it’s tougher to make the grade when it comes to health. View Data Spotlight » | En Español »
- " Colorado Health Report Card: Get Active," delves more deeply into a key indicator in the Health Report Card — physical activity — and highlights the role of the public health community in getting Coloradans more active. View Data Spotlight »
For print copies of the 2015 Colorado Health Report Card, please contact Jaclyn Lensen, JLensen@ColoradoHealth.org or 303.953.3631.
Follow discussions about the Health Report Card on Twitter using #COHRC