Colorado Health Symposium
The 2019 Colorado Health Symposium was held on July 24-26 at the Keystone Conference Center in Keystone, Colorado. The Symposium, a national health conference, offers a unique chance to interact with cross-sector experts and dedicated professionals who are leading the way in addressing health equity.
There is no doubt that Colorado—like many states throughout the U.S.—is in the midst of a housing crisis. Having a place to call home is essential in life and centers us for good health. Home is out of reach for many Coloradans, which means health is, too. Racism, lack of opportunity and discriminatory policies make safe and affordable housing unattainable. This year’s Colorado Health Symposium, The Intersection of Housing, Health and Inequity, was designed to elevate bold solutions for putting a roof over the head of every Coloradan, while paving the path towards health equity.
Symposium Presentations and Resources
- Housing Justice: Using Community Organizing and Policy Strategies
- Native American Housing: Needs and Opportunities
- Partnering to Create Teacher Housing
- Scaling the Rural Community Land Trust Model
- Why Intentional Trauma-Informed Design is Crucial for Supportive Housing
- Colorado Health Institute: A Vision of Housing Security, Health and Opportunity
- Building Relationships for Successful Youth Housing
- Closing the Gap: Two-Generation Healthy Start Voucher
- Health and Housing: Stability Through Equitable Transit-Oriented Development
- Homeless to Housed: Denver Social Impact Bond
- Rapid Rehousing + Care: A Unique Model to Permanent Housing Support
- Addressing Local (Rural) Needs Through Creative Affordable Housing Solutions
- Community Conversations: Supporting Sound Housing Decisions
- Creating Equitable Housing at the State, Community and Individual Level
- Homesharing: Affordable Living for the Aging · Inequity in Housing: Reversing the Historic and Current Legacy
- Overcoming NIMBY: Community-Led Solutions to Affordable Housing
Join the Conversation Online
View and share Symposium photos and videos on Instagram
Check out our @COHealthFDN Instagram feed to view photos and videos from the event. Also, search the hashtag #19CHS to see what’s happening.
Watch the livestream
The Foundation livestreamed several of its plenary and keynote sessions on the Foundation’s YouTube and Facebook pages. Watch our playlist of all of the archived videos here.