Funding Opportunity: Capital Infrastructure – Comprehensive Primary Care
This funding opportunity will support shovel- or implementation-ready capital infrastructure projects that aim to increase access to comprehensive primary care services in rural and low-income communities throughout Colorado. Grant funding is available for up to $500,000.
Have questions? We’re here to talk through your ideas and encourage you to connect with us before applying for funding. If you don’t already work with a program officer, please reach out to us by email or by phone at 303-953-3600, and be sure to note the county you work in and area of interest.
We're here to help
Have questions? Contact your Program Officer for more information.
To be considered for funding, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated community need
- Focus on team-based/integrated care
- Satisfactory past financial and operational performance
- Demonstrated financial need
- Primary care projects funded by grants and/or loans* must be for one or more of the following purposes:
- Increase the number of people receiving quality primary care services, with preference for integrated physical, behavioral and/or oral health services
- Improve the quality of primary care delivered through redesigned spaces for better team-based care or improved health information technology systems
Preference will be given to organizations with programs/projects that:
Demonstrate an increased number of people will receive high-quality primary care services – with a preference for integrated physical, behavioral and/or oral health – through redesigned spaces that enhance team-based care or improved health information technology systems.
Colorado organizations providing primary care services may apply for funds to support the following projects:
- Facility acquisition, construction, renovation or expansion
- Medical and office equipment purchases
- Hardware, software, installation and technical assistance costs associated with health information technology systems
- Operating expenses associated with physical or information technology expansions/improvements
- Loans only – Working capital for expenses associated with new or expanded services
*For-profit clinics will also be eligible to apply for the primary care funding, provided they meet the above criteria and can also demonstrate an active caseload of at least 40 percent of Medicaid clients with a low profit margin.
Applicants will be asked to indicate how their work will increase the number of people accessing comprehensive primary care services within one year at the end of the capital enhancement.
We often partner with third-party evaluators, contractors and other organizations over the course of our work with applicants and grantees. Your application and its attachments may be shared with these individuals or entities during the review process and grant cycle. All third-party organizations partnering with the Foundation have signed a confidentiality agreement and will not use or share the information for purposes outside of the scope of work specific to the grant application or grant award. If you have any concerns or would like additional information, please email email@example.com or call our senior director of Grantmaking Operations at 303-953-3600.
Our funding opportunities focus on specific needs aligned with a particular priority within our focus areas. These vary for each funding deadline (Feb. 15, June 15 and Oct. 15). Applicants will be required to address detailed criteria specific to that funding opportunity. Grant funding is highly competitive within the pool of applicants for each individual funding opportunity.